I decided I needed to take my pants off. It improved my disposition greatly.

I’m just a regular woman, living in Michigan, 22 years old, 2 cats, there’s nothing extraordinary or fantastic about me, so I assume that my thoughts can’t be too exciting to anyone other than myself. But that’s quite all right, because this blog is first and foremost, for myself and nobody else. This will hold the chronicles of my boring life as I try to change myself for the better, I’m hoping to write every day, or every other day at least, but we’ll just have to see.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Early New Years Resolutions, or, Yet Another New Beginning

To be perfectly honest, I find blogging to be somewhat self-important. It seems conceited and foolish to think that anyone wants to read about the boring things that make the life of another person. Yet I’ve done it for years. When I was younger, and new to the internet, I had a “Livejournal”, like many people do. I learned after a year or two there that majority of people who have their journals public there are by far mostly attention seeking, childish, and emotionally unstable. Of course there are people all over the world like that, it’s just easier to see when they’re all laid out in front of you like sacrificial lambs. People lie, they hide their true feelings and affections, they play games, just to garner the affections of people doing the same thing. I left “Livejournal” for yet another “journal” site. “Deadjournal” served me well in the respect that I never made any friends there, or tried to. I dealt with no other people, so I never had to deal with the types that I found on other journal sites.

Now, if “Deadjournal” has served me so well, why am I starting over yet again, this time with a “Blog”? It seems to me when one writes enough in a journal, or a blog, after a while you lose the point. I stopped writing, only did it once or twice a month at best, which is not what I had intended to do. I’m not sure that starting over at a new place will keep me writing anymore than it has done in the past, but I really would like to write, for myself.

The reason I’m starting this blog is to record my life, no matter how banal or commonplace it is, so I don’t forget things that happen that were important to me. I have a terrible memory, and no matter how much has happened over a year, I will always forget a great deal of it, which leaves me to have the same things repeat themselves without my understanding. If I am to learn lessons from things that have happened in the past, I have to remember them.

Lastly, I want to keep track of the progress I make in bettering myself. I have a list of resolutions for this New Year, and I’d like to keep record of how well I keep them.

My Resolutions for the very end of 2005 and the whole of 2006

  1. Continue to lose weight, however slowly, by…
    1. Exercising more often, 3 to 5 times a week.
    2. Cooking for myself more often, instead of eating frozen or pre-prepared food.
    3. Trying not to overeat, this includes eating an excess of my “favorite” foods, such as chocolate, black licorice, and salty things.

  1. Read more often. I have a good mind, and I’m wasting it by spending hours in front of the television and PC. I can’t give myself a definitive goal when it comes to this, but one book a month would be a good start.

  1. Stop putting chores off until the last moment. This includes doing my dishes the day they are dirtied, doing laundry every other day or so when it needs to be done, cleaning the bathroom at least once a week, and vacuuming in the same frequency when I get a vacuum.

  1. Plant a garden in my small back yard, and water it daily.

  1. Lastly, write more often, this includes mere journal entries, as well as poetry and short story writing, which I have been neglecting for a long time now.

And that’s that. I feel confident that I can really keep these, as my attitude seems more optimistic and cheerful, even when thinking about the situation that I am in right now.

So here’s to the new year, when it comes 13 days from today, and here’s to changes that I can hopefully make in myself, to make me a better person, for myself and for my family, for my future, and for the things to come.