I decided I needed to take my pants off. It improved my disposition greatly.

I’m just a regular woman, living in Michigan, 22 years old, 2 cats, there’s nothing extraordinary or fantastic about me, so I assume that my thoughts can’t be too exciting to anyone other than myself. But that’s quite all right, because this blog is first and foremost, for myself and nobody else. This will hold the chronicles of my boring life as I try to change myself for the better, I’m hoping to write every day, or every other day at least, but we’ll just have to see.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States

Monday, December 19, 2005

Period Snickerdoodles.

Much like a mother bird, I began nesting at 3am. Dragging pillows, blankets, and other comfortable items from my bedroom to make a comfortable little nest on my living room couch.

I woke up much, much earlier than I had intended to this morning, at 1:30am, instead of 5 or 6 like I had anticipated. Though it’s often impossible for me to fall asleep, I tend to sleep longer than I actually should, so going to bed at 5 or 6pm would normally leave me awaking at 4-6am, instead of exactly 8 hours since I had gone to sleep. Bah!

So I rolled out of bed, built my nest, had a bit of brownie (those were a lifesaver) and promptly started my period. Every month I ask myself the same thing. Why, after so many years of innovation and evolution, do human females still need to deal with the horrific phenomenon that is menstruation? Cramps, bloating, weight gain from giving into the cravings for salt and sweets, and last but certainly not least, 2-5 days of bleeding from the most delicate and private part of your body. The only real innovations that have been created to help women cope with this terrible monthly misery are painkillers and “feminine hygiene products”.

Now I’m sure your average childbearing female will see their period as merely a small price to pay for the miracle of childbirth, but what about the women who either want no children, or unable to have them? Personally I hope to never have children, as I do not want to pass on the faulty genetic traits that I have (bi-polar disorder, social anxiety, scoliosis, bad eyesight, bad teeth, etc, etc.). My mother had a Tubal Ligation some time ago after having 5 miscarriages, and she is no longer physically able to have a child. Yet both of us suffer through the pain and annoyance of the female curse.

Que Sera. Life goes on, and I’ve got a kitchen full of dishes and snickerdoodles with burnt sugar on the bottom. I followed the directions to a tee and yet they came out all funny. They didn’t flatten the way they were supposed to, and the sugar on the bottom of the cookies went all dark brown and black.

That of course, didn’t stop me from eating 6 of them. Damn cookie, so tempting in their sugary burnt-ness. Making my diet today consist of more applesauce brownies, 5-6 partially burnt snickerdoodles, a cup o’ramen, and a lean cuisine pizza. And now I’m hungry again. How boring, eat, blog, sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home