I decided I needed to take my pants off. It improved my disposition greatly.

I’m just a regular woman, living in Michigan, 22 years old, 2 cats, there’s nothing extraordinary or fantastic about me, so I assume that my thoughts can’t be too exciting to anyone other than myself. But that’s quite all right, because this blog is first and foremost, for myself and nobody else. This will hold the chronicles of my boring life as I try to change myself for the better, I’m hoping to write every day, or every other day at least, but we’ll just have to see.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Potatoes & Cats, Cabbages & Kings.

Yesterday was a boring, normal day for me. That is until I decided to take a bath. Thursday night I decided to try the do-it-yourself route for taking care of a stubborn yeast infection that I have. The DIY route being plain yogurt, I learned a few things that weren’t mentioned on the website I did my research on.

1. Yogurt is cold. Very, very very cold.
2. It is possible to be embarrassed while you’re alone, lying on your back and smoothing yogurt on yourself is one way.
3. In the morning, it smells like sour milk. Ewww.

At any rate, it seems to have eased the itching, so it worked well enough.

I mention this gross bit of information because it’s the sole reason I decided to take a bath yesterday. I hopped into the shower, cleaned off really well, then decided to just plop down and fill the tub with water. Though I know they waste water, baths are possible the most relaxing thing for me. Not only does the feeling of floating in hot water ease my back pain, but also for some reason my brain slows down when I’m in the tub. I just close my eyes and rest, no racing thoughts, no worry, no boredom even, just relaxation and comfort. When I got out of the tub, my whole body was tingling and I was in such a state of relaxation that I could have fallen asleep without my medications. I went to sleep at about 8pm, still somewhat relaxed and tingly, and woke up this morning at 4:50 or so.

I awoke, and noticed my upstairs neighbors were awake, playing music, albeit not very loudly, I could still hear it. Of course, once I noticed this, I was completely unable to get back to sleep. My ribs are slightly sore, I’m not sure from what, but it made it pretty hard to get comfortable. The good news is, I woke up with a surprising amount of energy and resolve. I decided that today I’m going to do the rest of my laundry, make eggs for breakfast (I’ve only had a bit of cereal so far, but it’s got a surprisingly high amount of protein in it) clean up the kitchen and living room, clean the catbox, AND walk on the treadmill. We’ll see how much of that energy and fervor I can hold onto through the day, but it certainly is nice not to wake up feeling fatigued and not rested.

Also, I noticed how much the week has completely passed me by. When I awoke this morning I was thoroughly startled to find out that it was Saturday. For some reason I thought that today was going to be Thursday, or Friday perhaps. Trying to readjust my sleeping schedule has made me rather confused about what day is which.

So I made eggs, only to find out that my pan is off balance, or something. I cracked an egg into it and the egg slid all the way down to the end of the pan, leaving a huge snotty looking smear across the pan. I cracked a second egg and it did the exact same thing, except on the second one, the yolk broke as well. At least it’s damn near impossible to screw up a cup of tea, as I’ve be rather fond of drinking tea lately.

My cats are insufferable. Kage has come up with a new habit of attacking and ruining any potatoes I have in the house. When they were in the bottom cupboard, he dragged them out, on the counter, he knocked them off, and when I put them on top of the fridge, one of them still ended up on the living room floor, bitten and wet. I don’t know WHAT is persuading him to do this, but I really hope he cuts it out, as he’s wasting perfectly good potatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home