I decided I needed to take my pants off. It improved my disposition greatly.

I’m just a regular woman, living in Michigan, 22 years old, 2 cats, there’s nothing extraordinary or fantastic about me, so I assume that my thoughts can’t be too exciting to anyone other than myself. But that’s quite all right, because this blog is first and foremost, for myself and nobody else. This will hold the chronicles of my boring life as I try to change myself for the better, I’m hoping to write every day, or every other day at least, but we’ll just have to see.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Shake Gently, Serve Chilled.

Decided to fool around with the speed on my treadmill today. I’ve been steadily walking at 2.2 or 2.3 miles per hour, a nice brisk, but calm walk. I always work up a sweat, and burn a decent amount of calories. Today I sped it up to 2.5 for the last quarter mile. It was a bit speedier than I’m use to, but it was do-able. I might try the whole thing at 2.5 tomorrow. I also sped it up to 3, which was a slow jog. I’m not confident enough to jog on my treadmill yet. I’m off balance, and have a fear of falling off of it.

But at any rate, I walked for 31 minutes, burning off 200 calories, roughly half of my breakfast. Worked up a mighty fine sweat, and I feel decent.

So,

  • Walk? Check!

  • Brushed Teeth? Check!

  • Breakfast? Check!

  • Vitamins? Check!

  • Laundry? Check!

All the “have-to-dos” are out of the way now. Unfortunately that leaves me with a serious case of “What’s-left-to-do?”

I’ve decided to tally up the amount of calories I’m eating in the next couple days, to get an idea of whether I need to be eating more or less to lose weight. I wish there were a free online resource where I could keep a log of this sort of stuff, but all of the calorie counters and stuff that I’ve found have been on paysites.  

So far, after Breakfast, Lunch, and Snack #1, I’ve eaten a paltry 1000 calories, and I’m rather satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home