I decided I needed to take my pants off. It improved my disposition greatly.

I’m just a regular woman, living in Michigan, 22 years old, 2 cats, there’s nothing extraordinary or fantastic about me, so I assume that my thoughts can’t be too exciting to anyone other than myself. But that’s quite all right, because this blog is first and foremost, for myself and nobody else. This will hold the chronicles of my boring life as I try to change myself for the better, I’m hoping to write every day, or every other day at least, but we’ll just have to see.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A picture and a some rambling.

It’s times like this when I wish I could draw. It’s unfair that I can imagine and picture these things so realistically that I could TOUCH them, but when I bring the pen to paper all that comes out in childish scribbling.

Picture, if you can, my Mina Orcot. Alabaster goddess, tall and shapely, with eyes of the richest amethyst, her waist-length inky black hair wrapped into a messy and hurried braid; she’s wearing non-descript clothing, a pair of brown trousers, and an ill-fitting white, mans shirt, no shoes on her feet. Picture her sitting against the wall on a small prison style bed, in the cabin of a ship, resting her back against the wooden wall, her knees at her chest. Next to her is the tanned and ragged pirate, half-drunk and warm, a bottle in his hand, his head against the wall next to her. Watch him sling his arm around her friendlily, and see the momentary indecision in her eyes before she rests her weary head on his shoulder, those jewel-toned eyes slipping closed as her companion rests his chin on her head with a gentleness that betrays his exterior…

This, more or less, is a scene that took place in my roleplay with Kinny last night, and when I close my eyes I can SEE it, I can see the look of weary comfort on her face, the sheer differences in their clothing and features, looking charmingly mismatched but somehow oh so right in the dull light of the cabin.

I would draw this if I could, and it would look exactly the way it looks in my mind. But oh well, I can merely picture it in my mind’s eye and say, “yes, exactly like that.”

Needless to say I’m fantastically obsessed with Jack Sparrow right now. I blame the media, commercials, hype, and breakfast cereal, Johnny Depp’s face plastered on something around every corner. It’s saturation! I’ve always had obsessions with characters, singers, actors, etc; they’ve never hampered my life in the least, and this one isn’t either, but the pure saturation of my object of obsessive affection is driving me crazy. This is going to lead to sexual frustration; I can just see it now. Thank god for plastic and re-chargeable batteries yes?

Anyway, yesterday Kinny showed up early and we had a serious RP session, thank the gods because I was getting ready to hunt her down and nail her to her chair. I did the dishes, another thank god, they were conspiring to take over the kitchen and I just couldn’t have that. But other than burning DVDs to free up space on my laptop, roleplaying, and watching television I really didn’t do all that much yesterday. The dishes were an accomplishment, and I felt GOOD all day. Lots of laughing and smiling, especially after Tricia got online and we started talking about how silly Yomi is, how every little Indies vocalist is trying to be Kyo, and how terrible Antique Café’s videos are. I got to sleep around 5am, nice and regularly for me, and woke up today at 1:45. 8 hours and 45 minutes, god it feels good not to sleep for 10-12 hours a day.
I think that the emptiness and apathy I’ve been feeling lately might have been cycle-related. I’m feel so GOOD today, and it’s not mania either. I’m calm and happy.

Mom showed up a little after I woke up and we headed out to Bob Evens for a deliciously cheap breakfast/lunch. I had Strawberry Banana Crepes and completely cleaned my plate. Mom had chicken and noodles and we got out of there spending less than 10 dollars for a nice filling meal. It’s the little things like that, that make a life happy and fulfilled, I think.

Afterwards we went to the grocery store, which was far too entertaining for just being a grocery store. It’s always good for me to get out of the house, and the only things my mom and I ever really do together are go to doctors and go to the grocery store, so I’ve gotta try to make the best out of things. I didn’t really need any groceries but I bought some gummy worms, some low fat ice cream, and some carrots, to give my mom the illusion that I’m actually eating healthy and not planning on having ice cream with gummy worms in it for dinner. God that sounds good.

Actually health wise I’m doing well. I’m planning on making BBQ tofu tonight for dinner. How do you make BBQ tofu you ask? Uh…we’ll just have to see! :D Actually I’m going to fry up the tofu (in a pan with a light coating of olive oil) after draining it, and putting it in a marinade. Then, I’ll add BBQ sauce, just like a stir-fry. Ingenious I tell you!

My weight is a little heavier than I wanted it to be lately, I put on a little weight and bumped myself up to 232, but it’s slowly dropping and planning on doing some walking today as soon as the Flexeril kicks in, I already walked around the grocery store, so 15 minutes at 2 miles an hour should get my heart rate up pretty well. I really got to start slow, when I try to over-exert myself and walk a mile after not doing it for a while, I end up in serious pain the next day, and in the end it’s just not productive.

I’ve babbled enough today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home