I decided I needed to take my pants off. It improved my disposition greatly.

I’m just a regular woman, living in Michigan, 22 years old, 2 cats, there’s nothing extraordinary or fantastic about me, so I assume that my thoughts can’t be too exciting to anyone other than myself. But that’s quite all right, because this blog is first and foremost, for myself and nobody else. This will hold the chronicles of my boring life as I try to change myself for the better, I’m hoping to write every day, or every other day at least, but we’ll just have to see.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fin~

I don’t normally FINISH roleplays; I get bored with them and start new ones somewhere in the middle. Kinny and I pretty effectively ended one today, the story of Mina Orcot and Jack Sparrow. He finally decides that he should no longer dwell on Elizabeth Swann, realizing that Mina’s willingness to love him, and her strength of will was worth more than the memory of a woman who was already taken. Before they could live happily ever after though, they ran into Mina’s father, who appears to be the devil in a man’s skin. With half a dozen rifles pointed at his chest, Jack convinces him that if the only problem was the matter of dowry (Mina had been set to marry a Frenchman when she was “ransomed” by Jack) that he would more than double the offer. He buys her freedom, and they do indeed live happily ever after.

It was a long RP! I have 13 saved logs from Yahoo Messenger, and they’re all very long. This of course by no means is the end to my roleplaying. Tomorrow we will start anew. This time I’ll be playing the eccentric and fearless Victoria Anne Merrick.

The Prologue~

The air was fresh and clean, and the blue summer sky seemed to go on forever in the bustling city of Port Royale. Businessmen, paupers and everything in between swarmed the streets like water through a stream. Merchants in charming shops and sparse stalls hawked their wares, fresh fruit, fine clothing, jewelry and necessities.

Every city has its characters, and this one is no exception. From the noblemen in powdered wigs to the shady yet interesting characters lurking in the alleys, Port Royale was ever the interesting place to be.

Atop the slanted roof of a tavern sat one of these characters; a young woman in man’s dress, a three cornered hat pulled low on her face. Victoria was a newcomer to Port Royale and if you didn’t look twice you could mistake the small woman for a young man.

If your eyes were deadened by drink, or weary from work, she passed incredibly well. However if your mind was sharp and your eyes critical, there were many flaws in her appearance. Her hips were too wide, her waist too thin, even under the trousers, billowy white shirt, vest and jacket. The girls face, though she was not stunning, was still very lovely, too soft and sweet for a man.

As she sat jauntily atop the roof (and who knew how she had gotten there), she removed a small and delicate pipe from her jacket pocket. Striking a match against the bottom of her boot, she placed it between her lips and lit the tobacco inside. Under that hat there were striking jade eyes, that watched the people below with a sharp interest.

Slowly drawing the acrid smoke into her lungs, Victoria’s eyes lit on a commotion. One hand holding the pipe deftly, the other slid the tri-corner hat off of her head, resting it on her lap, a waterfall of tawny brown hair falling over her shoulders. The girl’s skin was tanned, a fine golden color of someone who spent their time outdoors in the sun. Pleasantly shaped but wind-chapped lips came down again on the pipe as she watched three British soldiers in their red coats surrounding a man…


/end non-real stuff.

Today I fried up my tofu, although it's not actually FRYING. I put it in a pan with a tiny amount of oil and cook it. Is that considered frying or sauteeing? I love t0 cook but some of the terms elude me.

I took my walk again today, 24 minutes, one mile, 2.5 miles per hour. Mom called in the middle of it, just to call, because that's just how she is sometimes. She had called three times before I heard the phone ringing, because I listen to music when I'm walking. It was dumb luck that the song turned off right when she called. I'm sure if I hadn't answered after 3-4 more calls she would have come over. She's riduclously paranoid about me. She's worried I'll fall down at hurt myself and not be able to reach the phone. I'm 22! I'm more resiliant than that!

But yes, day was good. Had tofu, did much roleplaying. Must sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home