I decided I needed to take my pants off. It improved my disposition greatly.

I’m just a regular woman, living in Michigan, 22 years old, 2 cats, there’s nothing extraordinary or fantastic about me, so I assume that my thoughts can’t be too exciting to anyone other than myself. But that’s quite all right, because this blog is first and foremost, for myself and nobody else. This will hold the chronicles of my boring life as I try to change myself for the better, I’m hoping to write every day, or every other day at least, but we’ll just have to see.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States

Saturday, July 01, 2006

A kiss, reflection, and some things that DIDN'T happen in my roleplay with Kinny.

     Her shy inhibitions and noble sensibilities deadened by the rum, Mina makes a bold decision that clarifies all of the uneasy fluttering in her heart. The young, inexperienced noble waif kisses the pirate, surprising both of them with how forward she suddenly is.  It’s one of those fairy tale moments that everyone dreams about, the world disappears and Mina’s mind says “Ah! Of course! So THIS is love.”
     But alas, the moment is short-lived as Mina’s head spins out of control and she lets her hormones get the best of her. In a moment of uncharacteristic chivalry, Jack plays the gentleman and stops Mina before she makes a decision that she’s not ready for.
     In separate cabins the moment sinks in, in different ways. Mina looks at her life with a newfound clarity, even though falling in love with a pirate is the most foolish thing she could possibly do, she is at peace, if only for the time being. She sleeps while Jack battles personal demons with rum.
Still hung up on Elizabeth he can’t bring himself use Mina as a simple substitution to clear his head for a night. In love with an unattainable woman, and beginning to care for this mere girl who he had intended to collect a ransom for, he drinks himself to sleep, only to be awoken by uncomfortable dreams. He spends the entire day in his cabin, avoiding this little noble jewel that claims with sincerity in those haunting amethyst eyes that she would have done what she had done, even without the help of the drink.
It's like a soap opera, I know, but it's a fantastic waste of time and it's an outlet for my sometimes-stunted creativity. I love nothing better than developing my characters without having to worry about plotlines, or wondering when the muse-bunnies will run away and hide under the refrigerator. I can always roleplay. But the current melodramatic soap opera feel makes me laugh. “What will happen next!? Will Jack realize that Mina is a jewel more precious than gold? Will Mina realize that in the end, it really WAS the rum talking?! Tune in next time…”

I crack myself up.

So yesterday I went to the pdoc, same old same old, I told him about the apathetic and blah feelings I was having, but either he wasn’t worried, or I didn’t explain myself well enough because in the end I left with the same prescription as last month. I have a feeling that the bout of apathetic depression might have been related to my monthly cycle, and vow to pay closer attention next month when it hits.
I have discovered the secret to cooking perfect tofu, and I’m a VERY happy woman because of it. It turns out that freezing the block of bean curd, then thawing it, completely changes the texture, making it firmer, denser, and more “meaty”. I could easily eat this tofu every day for the rest of my life, and I’m not even vegan, much less vegetarian!
After the pdoc mom and I both had a gyro at a Coney Restaurant near the doctor’s office, we stopped at Kroger for Tofu, Yogurt, and Black Licorice, (all major food groups!). I sat around for a while, and then Kinny came online and roleplaying ensued.

I’ve got the oddest situation with my cat Haiiro right now. There’s a large stuffed tiger lying in the living room, it’s their toy, and they snuggle with it, milk-tread on it, and sleep near it. Well, Haiiro has…begun pursuing a more romantic relationship with the plushie tiger. Twice in the past week I’ve caught him on top of it, humping away. Now both of my kitties are fixed, but that hasn’t seemed deter either of them from engaging in sexual escapades. Although, Kage usually humps HAIIRO, instead of an inanimate objects…I’m embarrassed for him, but in the same breath I just have to tell EVERYONE because it’s frickin’ hilarious.

Have I ever mentioned I hate weekends? It doesn’t make much sense to most people but the weekdays seem to have more…stability to them. Television always sucks on weekends, sometimes there’s a good marathon of Mythbusters or Ghost Hunters, but meh. Meh I say! I really need to get myself a hobby that’s not dependant on Kinny or Tricia being online. I might finish up reading “The Vampire Lestat” today at least, maybe pick up “The Stolen Child” or “Parasite Eve”, both books I got for my birthday but haven’t as much as cracked open yet. I’m too restless to JUST watch TV, it’s a welcome break from the silence, but I can’t just sit in front of it. Maybe I’ll walk out this extra energy after I finish my tofu to make my belly stop whining at me. If all goes well, I’ll catch a musebunny somewhere around the house and do a little writing, so I’m not completely useless, waiting around for Kinny to get online, which she may or may not do.

P.S. “Musebunny” Definition: A rare and exotic creature of incredible fluffiness, which bestows its owner with unlimited creativity and inspiration. Unfortunately these useful little creatures are shy, often hiding in dark places such as underneath couches and refrigerators. They are known to show up only in the most inconvenient times, such as car rides and showers, because of their love for moving vehicles and water. Those attempting to catch a musebunny will usually find themselves disappointed and worn out from the chase. Though similar, they are not to be confused with their close cousins, the plotbunnies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home