I decided I needed to take my pants off. It improved my disposition greatly.

I’m just a regular woman, living in Michigan, 22 years old, 2 cats, there’s nothing extraordinary or fantastic about me, so I assume that my thoughts can’t be too exciting to anyone other than myself. But that’s quite all right, because this blog is first and foremost, for myself and nobody else. This will hold the chronicles of my boring life as I try to change myself for the better, I’m hoping to write every day, or every other day at least, but we’ll just have to see.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States

Sunday, July 30, 2006

On music, and the other things vital to life.

Not entirely much has been going on lately, but I just haven’t felt motivated enough to write. I went to see my pdoc on Friday, complained about the PMS but he didn’t do anything to help me with it. If it’s just as bad next month I think I’ll complain again, I shouldn’t have to suffer a week of symptoms if I don’t have to.

I’ve been roleplaying pretty steadily, Kinny’s showing up every day. We got about 6 hours in yesterday before her nephew started acting up. He’s having “emotional problems” that her brother is instigating. Depression runs in her family, both her and her nephew are diagnosed with it but the nephew is not taking medication. She’s going to try to get him to a therapist but if his father is doing things to antagonize and trigger him it doesn’t really seem like it’s going to work itself out well.

Oh well, it’s not my business even if we’ve been friends for 4+ years; we don’t do a lot of talking about our real lives but we’re friends all the same.

Other than visiting the pdoc I haven’t really been doing much. Money is tight so I went grocery shopping once recently but the cupboards are getting pretty bare. Not really, I’ve got loads of food in the cupboards but I’m kind of hurting for protein. I’m going to have to cook up that tofu pretty soon as I’m just running out of other things to eat. I’ve got plenty of frozen stuff, lots of veggies, a couple healthy choice meals and a bag of “Steak Teriyaki” but what do you do if you don’t feel like that? Just eat it anyway? Blah.

The move back to my mom’s house is concrete now, at the end of September I’m going to be moving back into my old room. I’m trying to tell my mom that she’s going to have to get the internet turned on at least two days before I move back in, because god forbid she has me stranded there for a week or something without the net. Comcast is always fucking slow too, so she’s just gotta make sure it’s set up. I’ve also informed her that I’m going to need a space heater for the winter, and she’s all “We’ll see”. I run way colder than my mother does, she keeps the heat at 72 in the winter, and that’s not even warm enough for me in the summer. 75 is a good baseline temperature for me, warmer is fine in the winter, but rarely in the summer.

I’ve discovered a load of new music lately, through the magic of Pandora and my friend Tricia. AFI, Alien Ant Farm, Coheed and Cambria, Crosstide, Death Cab for Cutie, Desole, Feeder, Forgive Durden, Franz Ferdinand, Hail Social, Hawk Nelson, Hawksley Workman, Idlewild, Katatonia, Kevin Devine, Kill Hannah, Love Equals Death, Motion City Soundtrack, Panic! At The Disco (My new favorite), Powderfinger, Sanctus Real, Scars of Life, The Like Young, The Raconteurs, and Violet Nine. I love music; I eat it up like popcorn. 85 gigabytes of music, 85, that’s fucking crazy. 48.5 is all Japanese. 32.8 is in English and the other 3.7 is random soundtracks and stuff. Sheesh, crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home