I decided I needed to take my pants off. It improved my disposition greatly.

I’m just a regular woman, living in Michigan, 22 years old, 2 cats, there’s nothing extraordinary or fantastic about me, so I assume that my thoughts can’t be too exciting to anyone other than myself. But that’s quite all right, because this blog is first and foremost, for myself and nobody else. This will hold the chronicles of my boring life as I try to change myself for the better, I’m hoping to write every day, or every other day at least, but we’ll just have to see.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The little things...

It really is the little things in life that make you feel warm (Scratch that, warm is bad right now) and fuzzy.

My mom came over at about 10 in the morning while I was still asleep. She woke me up to show me a couple things she had gotten at the store for me. Prilosec OTC, because the insurance won’t fill my prescription for Nexium, a package of gerbil treats, a jar of peanut butter, and a package of mousie toys for Kage.

The mousie toys hit me in the heart the hardest. See, my brown tabby cat, Kage (Japanese for shadow, because he followed me incessantly when I got him), is a mousie connoisseur. He only likes a certain type of mousie, and will play with nothing else. The mousies have to be made out of real fur; he does not play with synthetic material. In addition they have to be basically a hollow plastic tube or ball filled with what I like to call “Shakies”. Since he plays with them so often, he wears them out, and recently I realized he had ripped fur off of and broken most of his mousies. So we hit the grocery stores, the pet stores and only found a package of far smaller mousies that were made out of fur and feathers, but they just weren’t the same.

The package of mousies my mom brought me today is EXACTLY the same as Kage’s favorite. On top of everything else, they cost nearly 7 dollars, but she bought them for my baby. That was a great thing to have in the morning, I promptly went back to sleep, but when I opened up the package and gave a mousie to Kage, the look in his eyes was worth it all. He KNEW that those were his favorite.

Moving on, the weather is completely ridiculous. Bring me a republican, better yet, bring me Bush, so I can shove his face against the asphalt and ask him if he really things that Global Warming is a democratic conspiracy. I got the mail today, and then hiked the rent check up to the front office. It took maybe five minutes and it felt like an HOUR. The heat and humidity is so oppressive that not only did it feel like walking through hot soup but after that 5-minute trek there and back I was COVERED in sweat. I don’t even get this sweaty walking a mile on my treadmill.

Hopefully mom will show up tomorrow to go to the grocery store and get a few necessities. I’m out of relish. No, see, this is a necessity because I can’t use all the tuna fish in my fridge if I don’t have relish to make tuna salad…basically what I want to get at the store is relish, ice cream, and eggs. There’s a lot more I could buy but I don’t get food stamps until the 7th. So I’ve gotta live off of what’s in the fridge until then. I can survive! Soup, noodles, tofu! In all actuality I should buy more tofu…ah. Anyway.

I'm addicted to Hawksley Workman, thanks Trish.

No muscle man, no candy cane
No pack of sexy starving wolves
No money talking, moonlight walking
Lady shocking, big crow cocking
Those ladybugs can go to blazes
Here and there go pretty faces
All of this don't mess my stuffing
Only one thing got me huffing

I'm jealous of your cigarette
And all the things you do with it
I'm jealous of your cigarette
And the pleasure that you get from it
And not me
All this time your talking no

No king, no prince with gold ring pinky
I suggest that we do something kinky
No pilot flying private plane
To smooch you on the hills of Spain
No catapult to all night kisses
That old thing just always misses
All of this don't mess my stuffing
Only one thing got me huffing

I'm jealous of your cigarette
And all the things you do with it
I'm jealous of your cigarette
And how you wanna suck on it
And not me
All this time your talking no…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home